Saturday, January 1, 2011

Eternity Resolutions


New Year’s Resolutions 2011 -So often we find ourselves striving for physical improvements and financial gain when planning our New Year's Resolutions---I somewhat felt compelled to reflect on areas of my heart that truly need changing and found scripture that I hope to memorize throughout the year. I encourage you to make resolutions for yourself---they can deal with weight-loss and being a better steward, but my prayer is that you also reflect on resolutions that will not only impact 2011, but eternity.

Oh Lord, I am a woman of unclean lips! I am a sinful woman that is unworthy of even being within the realms of your creation. Oh Lord, forgive me for my wretched heart---my pride, my fears, my disobedience, my lack of faith and trust in you as my God. Lord, as I embark on this New Year—I desire something far greater to occur in my earthly life than I can or would be able to imagine. I know that is a risky thing to ask, but God, I desire to be continually transformed in my mind, in my emotions, in my physical body and ultimately my heart. Lord there are several areas of my life that are in desparate need of your redemption. I hold on and grasp thinking that I can fix them or I can handle them when in reality Lord, I am nothing without you. Lord I pray these things knowing you will be faithful!!

1)I want to obtain a better grasp of what it means to fear you. The beginning of all wisdom is to fear the Lord. Lord, I feel like it would not only give me a better picture of you, but it would grant me a better picture of myself in light of who you are. I desire that Lord. (Isaiah 6)

2)I desire Lord to feel burdened for lost souls. I know it’s horrible to be weighed down with the heaviness of lost souls but it is a true sign of genuine faith when a person is so overwhelmed and concerned for the needs of others. I pray for a burdened heart that is not just sad within, but is compelled to do something about it. (Matthew 9:36-38)

3)Lord I pray that I would meditate on your word daily and memorize what it says word-for-word, text-for-text so that I may forever encourage others while I delight in it myself. (Psalm 1:1-3)

4)I pray for an increased level of communication: a balance between me praying continually and seeking you moment-by-moment but also being still and allowing your hand to work in my life. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-17; Psalm 37:7)

5)I pray for my influence on others to be one that draws others to you: I pray to decrease mightily as you increase mightily. (John 3:29-30)

6)I pray and ask for boldness in these hard times. I trust Lord that you will grant me the confidence to stand firm in my faith and fully rely on the HOPE I have in your son and my sweet savior and friend, Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 15:57-58)

7)Lord may I command Satan in his place by the power of the Holy Spirit’s work of redemption in my life. May I cling to the power that is presented in the resurrection of Jesus and may my life be an example of the resurrected Christ.
(1 Peter 5:8-10)

8)I ask that I would bear fruit---souls, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, goodness and self-control. May jealousy or envy not litter my soul but may I find my life hidden in Christ and my identity a beautiful thing only because of Christ’s work in my life. (Galatians 5: 16-26)

9)I desire to lead others Lord. I desire to demonstrate and to serve—both within the family of God and my immediate family. Forgive me in my selfishness, pity and pride. All I am is yours Lord and all I have is yours. (John 13:14)

10)God I love you and I desire to learn more about you. Teach me your ways and lead me into a closer relationship with you. I desire contentment in you and you alone! (Psalm 119:33-40)

No comments:

Post a Comment