Sunday, November 8, 2009

Harvest Haze

(Image Link Below)

There's a haze that is being created right now across the Dakotas by thousands of farmers working towards bringing in this year's crops. I was driving down to Sioux Falls last night on I-29 and was overcome with this haze created from a nearby field. The haze was so thick that it was I was almost unable to see the car in front of me. I was immediately reminded of one of my favorite verses in Luke 10



"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers for the harvest."



I was challenged by this analogy of the "Haze of Harvest." Am I, as a Christ-follower, pursuing the harvest of souls like those combines are working towards bringing in the harvest to the point of creating a haze? How thick is the haze your walk with Christ is creating? You may not always reap the evidence of your efforts in impacting the Kingdom, but you should see some degree of 'haze' in your life. Partner with me today in asking the Lord of the harvest, to cause a haze to be created as you love like our Lord Jesus Christ and bring others closer to their Creator.

1 comment:

  1. Really neat! My first blog experience!
    I am impressed! You go girl!
    Love & Prayers, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete