Saturday, November 14, 2009

Victory In Jesus

"Oh Victory, in Jesus, my Savior forever. He sought me and bought me with his redeeming blood. He loved me ere I knew Him and all my love is due Him. He plunged me to Victory beneath the cleansing flood.
I heard about his healing, of His cleansing power, revealing. How He made the lame to walk again and caused the blind to see. And then I cried 'Dear Jesus' come and heal my broken spirit' and somehow Jesus came and brought to me the victory!"
There is nothing more energizing and uplifting than to sing this old hymn in moments of fear. My mom, sister and I have sung this as a ladies trio on numerous occasions and included it as a track on a CD we made together a couple years ago. Whenever I feel as though I have to face something challenging or difficult, the phrase "Victory in Jesus" always finds its way to my thoughts and to my hand. (I usually write phrases/verses on my hand to meditate on throughout the day :) What is so comforting in this phrase? What does it even mean? For me, it means that I may face huge trials, encounter immense pain and be in a state of fear but I know, I know because of my relationship with Jesus Christ, that I will always be the victor in whatever battle I face in life. The victory does not come from my efforts or pursuits of perfection but rather in the acceptance of Christ's blood and HIS VICTORY over the grave and endless sin of the world. How can you not feel energized by this phrase in the following verses?



"You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great" Psalm 18:35



"With God we will gain the victory and He will trample down our enemies." Psalm 108:13



"But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!"

1 Corinthians 15:57



"for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith." 1 John 5:4



We cannot claim victory on our own--it is only through the Lord Jesus Christ. For me, that is actually more of a comfort because I know that I will fail; I know that I am weak and frail in so, so many areas of my life. So join me in allowing God to encourage us and be victorious through us today!




No comments:

Post a Comment